Tesla blames robots for their recent setbacks, Russia starts to block Telegram, Pandora discovers Podcasts, and a new design is coming to Gmail.
Plus the fascinating audio isolation AI Google's developed, and leaked memos!
- Elon Musk says ‘humans are underrated,’ calls Tesla’s ‘excessive automation’ a ‘mistake’ | TechCrunch — In a rare mea culpa for the mercurial billionaire, Tesla CEO Elon Musk acknowledged that the company has been too reliant on robots for production.
- Russia starts blocking Telegram for failing to turn over encryption keys — The Russian state telecommunication regulator has began blocking Telegram as expected.
- Pandora's CEO is doubling down on podcasts
- In a Leaked Memo, Apple Warns Employees to Stop Leaking Information - Bloomberg — Company memo says it found 29 ‘leakers’ last year, 12 arrested
- 'GrayKey' iPhone Unlocking Box Seeing Wide Adoption Among Law Enforcement — Motherboard found that regional police forces like the Maryland State Police, the Indiana State Police, and the Miami-Dade County Police have purchased or are soon purchasing GrayKey technology
- Gmail’s new design will include a ‘Confidential Mode’ — Gmail on the web is getting a big update in the coming weeks with a new design and features, but Google is also introducing a new Confidential Mode.
- Google works out a fascinating, slightly scary way for AI to isolate voices in a crowd — Google researchers have developed a deep-learning system designed to help computers better identify and isolate individual voices within a noisy environment.